The 3 days Low Land Gorilla trekking in Congo is one of the highly rewarding safaris that will allow you to trek the stunning lowland gorillas in Khauzi Biega National Park .The 3 days safari will offer you an opportunity to encounter the lowland gorillas in their natural habitat of Khauzi Biega National Park- DR Congo.
Day 2 – Do Early Morning Gorilla Trekking In Virunga National Park
Upon your arrival in Kigali international Airport; our driver guide, who will transfer you Bakavu in Congo, will welcome you. The drive journey will take you through Butare, where you will have stopover to visit the national museum of Rwanda, the king’s palace in Nyanza, and the Rwanda genocide memorial site. Thereafter, you will proceed with the drive crossing via Cyangugu boarder to Bukavu in Congo. On arrival to Bukavu, you will advance with the drive to your pre-booked lodge in Bukavu for dinner and overnight. Accommodation at Orchid safari Lodge (Luxury), Hotel Horizon (Mid-Range/Budget).
Day 2 - Lowland Gorilla trekking in Kahuzi Biega – DR Congo and Afternoon Nature Walks.
After an early morning breakfast, embark on an early morning drive transfer to the park headquarters for an early morning briefing about the dos and don’ts of lowland gorilla trekking in Kahuzi Biega National park. After briefing, you will head for the memorable adventure of tracking the lowland gorillas in Kahuzi Biega National park. Trekking lowland Gorillas offers unique experience of its own and it usually takes 1-4 hours.
The lowland Gorillas stay in bigger families as compared to mountain gorillas; you will not regret the safari effort once you meet the amazing Gorillas. After one memorable hour of encounter with the lowland gorillas, you will retire back to the lodge for lunch and relaxation.
After lunch, embark on an afternoon nature walk in the Kahuzi Biega Park .The nature walks will take you through Tshibati waterfalls, visit Bukavu town, Mbayo tea plantations, the research Centre and the surrounding traditional homes. Thereafter, retreat back to the lodge for dinner and overnight.Accommodation at Orchid safari Lodge. (Luxury), Hotel Horizon (Mid- Range/Budget).
Day 3 - Transfer to back to Kigali.
Following an early morning breafast, embark on transfer drive to Kigali Capital City. The drive journey will take you through Bukavu in Congo crossing via Cyangugu boarder to Rwanda. You will have an en route stop in Butare, where you will visit the national museum of Rwanda, the king’s palace in Nyanza, and the Rwanda genocide memorial site. On arrival to Kigali, you will have your lunch and thereafter advance with the drive to Kigali International Air Port for your scheduled flight back home.
<< End of safari >>
- Gorilla Permit (for gorilla trekking safaris)
- Full Board Accommodation on Safari
- Transportation in either 4X4 Safari Van or 4X4 Safari Land Cruiser
- Professional English Speaking driver guide. Any other foreign language speaking guide can be arranged on request.
- Entrance fees to the tourist sites including Protected areas mentioned
- Activity fees of the tourist activities mentioned
- Bottled water while on safari
- Border crossing fees (for cross border safaris)
- General tips for the driver guide, site guides and service staff at the lodges
- Laundry Services
- Other Beverages / drinks of personal nature like Alcohol
- International Flights (Arranged on request)
- Domestic Flights (Arranged on request)
- Optional Activity fees
- Other extras not mentioned in the Itinerary
- Airport Transfer (Arranged on request)
- Accommodation in Kigali unless it is part of the Itinerary(Arranged onrequest)