Don’t miss this complete adventure with Paradise Safaris to a visit most of the touristic destinations in Rwanda on a 7 days tour package that includes activities like Gorilla trekking, Chimpanzee trekking, Boat cruise on Lake Kivu, Golden Monkey tracking, Dian Fossey Visit, Genocide memorial visit and Twin lake visit. Book for this 7 days ultimate Rwanda adventure with Paradise Safaris on special deals.
Day 1 –Arrival –Transfer to Nyungwe Forest
Upon arrival at Kigali Airport, our guide will be waiting for you, lunch in Kigali and then transfer you to Nyungwe forest National Park which is made up of a variety of habitats including montane forests, bamboos, grasslands, and swamps. This is a home to 13 primate species such as Chimpanzees, endangered Golden monkeys, Blue Monkeys, colobus, red tailed monkeys and grey checked mangabeys. There are also about 300 bird species. Relax in the evening as we wait for dinner and Overnight at Nyungwe Forest Lodge , Nyungwe Hill Top view or Gisakura Guest House .Meal plan Full Board.
Day 2 –Chimpanzee Tracking and Transfer to Gisenyi Town
Rise for an early morning breakfast before you head to the park headquarters for briefing about the dos and don'ts of Chimpanzee trekking adventures. We will then drive for an hour to the start of the trails and after enter the jungle to search for the primates, which can last for 3-4 hours. Once found spend one hour with them and return to the lodge for lunch and later transfer to Gisenyi in the evening hours. Dinner and overnight at lake Kivu Water Front beach hotel/ Lake Kivu Serena Hotel/ Paradise marahide Hotel / Stipp Hotel. Meal plan (Full Board).
Day 3 –Boat Cruise and Relaxation at the Beach
After Morning Breakfast the guide will be around ready to take you for boat cruise to visit fishing villages and islands on Lake Kivu. Enjoy the boat cruise along the coastline of Lake Kivu with the best spectacular views to explore Rwanda. After return to the lodge for relaxation as you enjoy the clear view of mount Nyiragongo in Congo and the sun downer. If time allows the guide will take you around the Congo Nile trail to view the different landscape during the evening hours. Return to your lodge for dinner and overnight as above.
Day 4 –Transfer to Volcanoes National Park for Golden Monkey tracking.
Rise for an early morning breakfast/packed breakfast, you will transfer from Gisenyi to Ruhengeri –setting off at around 04:30am and arrive at 6:30 am, drive to the park headquarters for briefing about the golden monkey tracking rules and regulations as you enjoy the tea provided by the park and later jump into the safari jeep to transfer to the starting point for golden monkey tracking. This safari activity will last for 3-5 Hours and later return to the lodge for lunch. In the Afternoon you will go to community visits that encompasses Twin Lake Viewing in the volcanoes. Return to the lodge for dinner and overnight at Mountain Gorilla view lodge/ Le Bombou Gorilla Lodge or Kinigi Guest House.
Day 5 –Mountain Gorilla Trekking
Rise up very early in the morning and have breakfast and thereafter proceed to volcanoes national park, and head straight to the park offices for briefing about the gorillas and allocation of gorilla groups and guides. Thereafter get into the tropical rain forest and search for the mountain gorillas starting from where they were the previous day until you find them. You will find them doing their daily chores of feeding their young ones, climbing trees and others just relaxing.
Take your best photographs having switched off your flash. This whole exercise takes a maximum of 1 hour and then returns to the park offices for your gorilla tracking certificate. Return to the hotel for lunch and some relaxation. Afternoon, take a tour to river for a canoeing trip that lasts for 4-6 hours/visit the exceptional caves around the lake and take remembrances photos with lots of fun poses near the caves then return to the lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 6 –Dian Fossey Tombs Visit
After breakfast, you will go to tour the tombs of the great lover of Gorillas (Dian Fossey), read more about her achievements towards the preservation of Gorillas. Other optional activities include golden monkey tracking, adventurous trek to Mt. Bisoke or Musanze caves exploration. After, return to the lodge for relaxation, Dinner and overnight.
Day 7 –Community Visit (Ib’iwacu Cultural Village)
After Early morning breakfast, head to the local communities to visit Ib’iwachu cultural village to experience the true Rwandan Historical people’s culture and after you will visit the lodge to shower and transfer to Kigali . Have lunch in Kigali & later go for city tour to visit the local craft shops and after drop at the airport to catch your flight back home.
- Prices are valid for 2018 and can change in 2019.
- The Gorilla trekking included in this safari depend on the availability of gorilla trekking permits at the time of booking. These permits are strictly limited and sold out in advance, especially during peak seasons ofChristmas and school holidays. We therefore strongly recommend booking early.
- The safari indicated here is essentially an offer. Changes in the course of the journey, the duration of your tour, the number of travellers, as well as the choice of accommodation are subject to availability, although we always endeavour to stick as closely as possible to this programme. For the majority of itineraries, we can offer luxury, midrange or budget versions of this safari upon request.
- Sometimes it is not possible to adhere to the travel plan as described in this itinerary, due to weather and road conditions, authority regulations, organizational requirements, etc. Occasionally, the planned route of the tour has to change according to the situation on the ground. We must therefore explicitly refuse liability for adherence to the journey plan.
- By booking this safari, the client accepts Paradise Safaris’ terms and conditions of business, available to read on our web site.
- For FAQs, including what equipment to bring for your Gorilla tracking, please visit our website.
- All accommodation on Half Board (HB), Full Board (FB) or Bed and Breakfast (B&B) basis as quoted in the text
- Safari vehicle and fuel – English speaking tourist guide
- Entrance fees to the national parks
- Twin lake visit
- Accommodation & Meals as in the travel plan
- Genocide memorial visit
- Gorilla Permit for one person
- Golden Monkey Permit for one person
- Chimpanzee Permit for one person
- Free mineral water in the vehicle during the tour
- All expenses of personal nature
- Airfare to Rwanda.
- Rwanda Visa
- Luxury Drinks & laundry.
- Tips to local guides
- Porter fee while trekking
- Personal insurance
- Personal shopping bills